5 matches were found
- Wednesday, April 24, 2002 #5245
how to go about planning effective enternet advertising
- The Media Guru Answers(Sunday, April 28, 2002 ):
internet planning is not a well established art. Everyone doing it has a theory. You might find a useful book in AMIC Bookstore (in association with Amazon.com)
- Friday, August 18, 2000 #3719
Dear Guru, I run a small media department and up until now we haven't had any internet plans to develop or implement. Now I'm being asked to do both by several clients and my staff & I do not have the experience or the time to do an honest job for our clients. We were thinking hiring a buying service who specialized in internet planning & buying, similar to buying services we use for broadcast. What would you recommend?
- The Media Guru Answers(Saturday, August 19, 2000 ):
This is a sound approach. Internet specialist have tools and strategic understanding to which you won't have access.
Visit AMIC's "Ad Placement on the Web" links.
- Friday, October 23, 1998 #2111
I am currently working as a media planner . I would like to graduate to media planning on the Net.
How do I go about it ? Are there any specific schools offering courses that can help ?
- The Media Guru Answers(Monday, October 26, 1998 ):
The Guru is not aware of any schools offering interent media planning courses on an a la carte basis.
In the Guru's opinion, internet planning is based on three elements
- An understanding of media planning in general
- An understanding of the differences in how some of the basics apply in the internet arena
- Knowledge regarding types of sites, techniques and tools used in working with internet media
Perhaps you can add the missing elements by getting involved with interent work being done at your current agency. Perhaps you can find an online specialist agency looking to hire someone with your background (how else do you suppose internet planners get the first of the three elements?)
The Guru hardly considers this process to be graduating to internet planning. Specializing in one medium rather than working with all media is a narrowing of expertise.
- Monday, March 02, 1998 #1516
Dear Media Guru, I am interesting on internet planning.
I would like to know if there is something written
about it. Thank you very much.
- The Media Guru Answers(Monday, March 02, 1998 ):
There are regular articles in Ad Age and
Coalition for Advertising Supported Interactive
Entertainment publishes research on measurement of various
Internet advertising techniques and approaches.
- Monday, February 10, 1997 #1052
How do I even begin the internet planning/buying process ?
- The Media Guru Answers(Tuesday, February 11, 1997 ):
1) you already know media planning/buying in general, and
2) you have already allocated a budget expressly to internet (Web) media,
Then your question would seem to be how to identify the appropriate web sites and how to evaluate and negotiate with them.Starting poins include;
Search engines which can be used to identify topically relevant sites.
Services such as FocaLink which compile descriptive material as well as audience info about sites into a database.
Specialist web media services such as i-traffic.
There are pure audience surveys such as PC-Meter, and there are traffic counters like Netcount.