5 matches were found
- Tuesday, January 16, 2001 #4101
I am a print planner trying to evaluate national network radio proposals. Other than CPM, what other criteria can I use to compare various proposals? Any advice you can give me about evaluating and negotiating this buy will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- The Media Guru Answers(Wednesday, January 17, 2001 ):
All the same standards as you would use in print can apply:
Coverage, composition, reach contribution, content/environment, value added/merchandising, etc.
- Monday, May 15, 2000 #3472
I have been presented the task of recommending media test markets for a cross-channel campaign that includes DM, print, radio, web and outdoor. Ideally, these test markets should be representative of the US population (i.e., mini US markets). What are the most commonly used media test markets that take the following into consideration? No spill in or out/purity of environment, large enough to purchase direct mail lists, and of course representative of the U.S. population?
- The Media Guru Answers(Friday, May 19, 2000 ):
Nielsen publishes a test market guide addressing these issues. Note that "most common" is not really a good criterion. Why test in a market where lots of other tests are going on, thus making the market non-representative?
Realistically, being fully representative of the U.S. isn't possible unless you settle on a few demographic criteria that you deem relevant to your product or test. It isn't too hard to find markets approximately representative on age/sex/income parameters, but are these the most crucial parameters in testing a basic household product, or is it more relevant to be representative of African American and Hispanic penetration or household size?
- Thursday, May 20, 1999 #2520
Which are the main criterias to evaluate the impact of newspaper ads? We are suggesting to have different sizes and positions (all at the same cost), but we don't know exactly how to measure their impact. I remember that there is a study about the visual process of the eye when reading. That study includes informtation about the parts of the page that are the most visual.
Thanks in advance.
- The Media Guru Answers(Sunday, May 23, 1999 ):
Ad impact is typically measured in terms of recall, awareness, and sales results. Awareness and sales are usually measured by custom studies of awareness and panel or scanner studies of sales. Starch is well known for recall studies of print.
- Sunday, August 16, 1998 #1998
i am just learning how to prepare a print media
schedule, is there a standard formatt that you could
supply me with.
- The Media Guru Answers(Sunday, August 16, 1998 ):
It isn't clear to the Guru whether you are referring to a presentation format or a decision making procedure.
But the simplest way to thisnk about the whole process is to present the plan in a way that shows how the decision making process produced the recommended schedule.
For example, your plan may call for
- using magazines that are most authoritative in the topical area relevant to your product category
- achieving a particular reach each month or in total
- selecting magazines to accomplish the above based on greatest target audience coverage or
- audience compostion or
- audience efficency
You would then select candidate magizines to consider under each of the above and list them based on how well they ranked on these criteria. Finally, the schedule is assembled by trying various numbers of insertions in various numbers of titles to evaluate for overall reach or impressions delivery.
The schedule is presented by stating each of the above rules pertaining to selection, the ranking of the titles on each criterion and a comparison of the recommended schedule with others considered.
- Monday, June 23, 1997 #1368
(1) can you refer me to related research/ studies done in the area of qualitative content analysis of TV and print advertisements in Asia, especially in the comparison of Chinese and English advertisements?
(2) Also, is there any literature on the deconstruction of meaning in advertisements?
(3) What coding criteria should we use in constructing and deconstructing meaning in advertisements?
- The Media Guru Answers(Monday, June 23, 1997 ):
Research Foundation library maintains the best records
of U.S. research of this sort plus lists of international